Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


August 27, 2009

My creative space



I am joining in with Thursday's My Creative Space at Kootoyoo.

Clockwise from top:

This week my creative space is in the kitchen. I am boring everyone to tears with scones, scones and more scones, as I try and perfect a recipe and technique.



You see, there's just over two weeks to go until I submit my entry for Class 240 - Scones (4) in the Cookery Competition at the Royal Melbourne Agricultural Show. In the unlikely event I make the grade to go on display, my scones will be Exhibit No.1944.

I feel excited about participating in such a Melbourne institution.



There is however, a little bit of me wishing that I hadn't so rashly also entered Class 227 - Cup Cakes and Class 196 - Landscape Photography. What on earth was I thinking? I have neither a prize-winning cupcake recipe nor a photograph in mind. Its probably best I don't divulge the exhibit numbers!

Thank you very much Kirsty for hosting My Creative Space. Its great fun seeing what everyone is doing. To see who else is showing their creative space (or to join in), head over here.

21 comments:

  1. I love your "have a crack" attitude Liesl. Up for anything you are Hoppo...I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a pretty serious scone audience you're baking for! Good luck.... and YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love scones. Any time of year, is the perfect time of year for scones.
    My Dad once went through a scones phase. We had scones and chilli powder, scones with ham and cheese, scones and raisins.

    Goodluck with the competition. Let us know how you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm mmm, scones are good. My neighbour informed us the other day that she used to have a cafe & make "the best double decker scones".If I get any hot tips, I'll let you know. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm offering my services as a scone taste-tester for the next few weeks. Have discerning palet. Will travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... I love coming to your blog because I never know what it is going to be about! How cool to enter the competition without rock-solid recipes. I love it!! And I hope you win gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those scones look picture perfect! Let me know if you need a taste tester!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how exciting for you! goodluck can't wait to hear how you go

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just let me know when the next batch of unwanted scones come out of the oven, and I'll be right over! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sign me up if you need a tester in Hawthorn!
    I love scones, I make them every weekend! I drag out the good crockey - much too my partners displeasure, but he doesn't complain cos it means he gets a devonshire tea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohh, how exciting. I think we might be helping in the spud digging area, might pop over and have a look. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh
    how
    lovely
    ...
    i
    can
    smell
    baking
    from
    here
    ...
    elk

    ReplyDelete
  13. do we get to taste them if we go?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the scones! I's love to be a taste tester for this competition....

    Please show us your other entries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck for the Show - fantastic! If you need some taste testers, I'd be happy to oblige, just put some in the post!! Your photos will be beautiful too, no doubt. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo love all the photos. Very yummy and scrumptious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How very exciting. Good luck with the scone making!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh best of luck! I am entering my banana cake in the local show as well as some sewing items - I put one on my blog today. Cant wait to hear how you go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea, if you ever need anyone to test out the scones on, I am only more than happy to help out - purely as a friend of course, nothing to do with that they are always so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  20. my goodness, I missed these pics- what an evenly-risen scone! very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.