Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


May 17, 2010

The curse of the sausage fingers



This is a little name tag I sewed for last weekend's Sew It Together.

I put it together for a lovely lady called Apple and Tangerine, who also goes by the assumed name of Tanya. I couched the shiny red name on a piece of stabilised white quilting cotton and then sewed clusters of seed and bugle beads and sequins into the background.

At inception, the plan for the tag was wall-to-wall bling. There was to have been a quantity of sequins that would have done Liberace proud. Sadly I was thwarted by a deficit in the dexterity department. (For which Tanya probably secretly thanked her lucky stars.)

6 comments:

  1. Well I can't comment on the artistic vision unrealised, but the actuality is pretty good. This may seem like faint praise, but I don't like bling/shiny/pearly/glittery anything, so really it's my equivalent of a superlative for a beaded item.

    Me, I'd have probably spelled the name wrong and had to stay up til stupid o'clock fixing it.

    Cheers,
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love a bit of bling, so this is right up my alley! I wish I'd had been a little more observant when chatting to Tanya on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is georgeous! Beautiful work as far as I am concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the bling factor is just perfect! Thank goodness for those sausage fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish it was mine! It would help if I'd actually participated in the swap! Oh well, next year...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.