Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


August 09, 2009

Eye spy ... inspiration



I am playing along with Cindy's Eye Spy meme each Sunday. This week the theme is Eye a spy ... inspiration.

My inspiration comes from ... vacuuming. No, really. It does. Hear me out.

You have to agree that the repetitive action and the din gives the perfect excuse for tuning out. Huh? You need whaaat? Sorry I can't hear yooooou. Vacuuming provides a little bit of mental space; an opportunity to retrieve creative snippets from memory.
Inspiration (n): stimulation of the mind to a high level of
activity
Its a time to ponder bits from creative books and magazines. From delightful blogs and craft websites. From clever friends and family. Its an opportunity for the grey matter to make synaptic connections throughout a dodgy filing system ... and maybe even come up with the small semblance of my own new idea.

See there's science behind my inspiration. And without doubt, questions as to why I don't have a much cleaner floor.

Thank you to Cindy for hosting Eye Spy and for the great theme this week. To discover something a little more inspirational, head over here.

5 comments:

  1. not.buying.it.

    All it makes me do it yell louder - IS THIS YOUR LEGO? WELL THEM PICK IT UP OR I'LL SUCK IT UP. THESE SOCKS DON'T BELONG UNDER THE COUCH - PUT THEM IN THE WASHBASKET *NOW*

    i'm getting a headache just thinking of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I wish it was a peaveful time. My two have somehow decided that it's HILARIOUS to chase me around and youngest crawls after it so the air blowing out the back of the vaccum blows his hair around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. vacuuming in our little flat takes just over 5 minutes so not much time to get inspired to do anything other then realize how much hair falls off me head and gets sucked up :p who needs a dog? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what made me grin louder: Your blogpost or the responses you received so far. So funny, I really picture every one of you while vacuuming. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. this has inspired me to vaccum..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.