Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


March 01, 2010

Long exposure



Can you see the car?

I have been playing around with the Available Light setting on my little point-and-click camera. The addition of a tiny tripod - in place of a shaky hand - has allowed some photography in the dark.

I was so taken with the car in this long exposure, that I hung about at the gate waiting for the next transitory object. It was only as the camera let out an audible click and whirr, that I had second thoughts.

Quick, hide the camera you loony.

The suited gentleman striding down the street, might be less enthused about my experiment. Especially if he knew I wished he was wearing a miner's helmet so he too would produce a light stream.

I slunk away before he could wonder what the crazy woman was up to.

12 comments:

  1. I see you'll be at Sew It Together ... I'm going on a photo shoot with you! I'll bring my tripod and we'll see what we can get in Carlton at night ... I'm thinking the trams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought it was an outline but turns out to be the drop point in the fenceline over the road. Then I thought you were being tricksy and meant the graphic on the sign. Finally I spotted the line - loving playing with available light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. Hope you do decide to embrace your 'craziness' and do some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....there's a crazy lady in every neighbourhood ain't there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. could always just say you are in the neighbourhood watch if you get caught, and are taking pictures in case the cops want photographic evidence. hmm that might not work tho, if they turned out to be a cop or part of the neighbourhood watch themselves....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, photography. Tis a mysterious business. Not to mention stalkerish! I won't tell anyone about your miner's hat fantasy... promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it.....although I don't actually see the car...am I *supposed* to see the car?...or supposed to *not* see the car...I'm a little confused...but extremely entertained as usual Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been playing around with exposure of late too - isn't it fun!!

    Of course your story is far more interesting than my candle experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok birthday present for Argy or is it Bargy I am never sure now I know them in person - anyway - one miners torch for Mum's amusement only

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this picture. Nice job with the exposure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. After long time i found it..i really like this blog and information..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.