Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


October 03, 2008

Blogtoberfest



Jump on in; let's floor it down the Autobahn .... its Blogtoberfest over at Big Cat's Emporium. Head on over to check out the festivities!

Unlike other bloggers participating in Blogtoberfest, I really can't profess to knowing much German at all.

Which was a bit of a problem the time I arrived in Frankfurt. On my own. And my card wouldn't work in any cash point machines. And I'd arrived without so much as a brass razoo in my pocket. And my suitcase was cable-tied shut. And I didn't have scissors. And I felt a tad silly that with a name like Liesl, I couldn't sprechen sie Deutsches.

Anyway, enough about that incident. I'm kicking back this weekend with a rauchbier and a pretzel and enjoying Blogtoberfest.

3 comments:

  1. Ah - we survive to tell the tale of "challenging" times abroad. Always funnier in hindsight...and don't they make us interesting people?

    I don't spreak a word of German either....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.