Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


July 02, 2008

Pins and needles


My pincushion has begun to look a bit small and shabby. It has served me well, but a bit of stuffing is now hanging out of the side. The pins are suffering more overcrowding than a Melbourne train in peak hour. And worse, yesterday my sister asked why I was using Bargy's sleeve to store a threaded needle.

Shamed into action.

This morning, armed with some remnants from my digger applique, I decided to make a new one. Not being terribly up-to-date with pincushion fashions, I did a little Googling.

After first reading an article about layette pincushions (and the alarming practice of pinning baby clothes!), I moved along to something more modern. Inspiration eventually came from the very clever Hyena in Petticoats and her pincushion tutorial.

Being as there was enough fabric for the two new pincushions pictured above, I now have myself a spare. So, if you can offer the second pincushion a home, leave a comment (with a link or e-mail address) before 6pm Friday (Melbourne time). Assuming (perhaps a little too boldy!) that there's more than one comment, I'll draw a name out of a hat and post it (the pincushion that is; not the name or the hat) to the new owner.

Oh yes, and I promise it won't be the one with the stuffing hanging out of it (again, the pincushion; not the owner).

3 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of practical crafting! Nice photography of the final product too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog and lovely pincushion! Love the colours you have used - very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pincushions look great! Love the fabrics.
    Thanks for the visit - i have a larger bias tape to try, I also think the narrow tape is tricky to work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.