I am joining in with Thursday's My Creative Space at Kootoyoo.
Clockwise from left:
- Table salt
- Cream of tartar
I've had a crash-and-burn kind of week; a tenacious respiratory bug and a migraine have put paid to creativity.
The empire gown languishes unfinished. The quilted Christmas wall-hanging sits in want of the last 10 (of 35!) buttonholes needed to hold the fairy lights. December 1st has passed and my handmade Christmas cards still look remarkably like a stack of blank cardboard.
So this week I'll have to cheat and show you Argy and Bargy's creative space instead.
They have been really enjoying mucking around with chocolate play dough.
It smells delicious, looks suspect and tastes foul. The boys, of course, love it!
Chocolate-scented play dough
I based our play dough on instructions I found at Idea Box.
- Sift together 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour, 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar, 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
- Combine the dry ingredients with 1 cup of boiling water and 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until the mixture combines into a crumbly dough. Take care not to burn it!
- Turn the dough out in a bowl. When cool to touch, knead in a pliable ball.
- Fashion into volcanoes, mud pies and monsters. Ensure a bit of it gets mashed into the carpet and stuck in someone's hair.
- Store at room temperature in a nice air-tight container
I'm off for a little lie down. See you again soon.
Thank you very much Kirsty for hosting My Creative Space. Its great fun seeing what everyone is doing. To see who else is showing their creative space (or to join in), head over here.