Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


July 19, 2009

Eye spy ... something I should use



I am playing along with Cindy's Eye Spy meme each Sunday. This week's fun theme has been chosen by multi-talented The Bird Bath. She has asked us to spy something we should use.

Well now, that's easy - its my specs.

I've had eye glasses since I was about 17 or 18: I'm astigmatic and a little far-sighted. The lenses aren't particularly strong - they simply make things look sharper and brighter. They should, however, remain firmly on my face at all times.

Why, you might ask?

Well upon occasion when they haven't, my glasses have frequently and mysteriously been found in the possession of 2 year-old Bargy. And let's just say this: Bargy believes that the shape of spectacles should be rectangle ... as in, a wreck and tangle.

Expensive, that.

Thank you to Cindy for hosting Eye Spy and to The Bird Bath for the great theme. To discover more Eye Spy-ers, head over here.

6 comments:

  1. ouch very expensive toy o.0 I'm blind without my glasses, walk into walls and everything lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also blind without my glasses, I used to have contacts until practically overnight my sight changed. I am rubbish at looking after my glasses, even though they are a precious commodity to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, my sister has a dog with the same rectangle philosophy.

    Inappropriately named Angel, this dog applies the rectangle philosophy not only to glasses, but shoes, clothes and furniture. Bargy would love her!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 6 month old is at the stage now where he likes to try and grab them off my face. The baby before him managed to bust the arm off a pair. I am hoping that it doesn't happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe, that rectangle philosophy is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 babies and so far only 2 pairs of broken glasses. You'd think when they advertise 2 for 1 I'd be there, but no... I then hunt around for some very old and out of fashion pair and have to make do until new ones are ready - a great look!!

    and lense cleaner/cloth - oh yes I do own these, but a t-shirt is the best I can do most days (ha!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.