Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


December 22, 2008

Doggone it ...



Bring out the marching band, dancing girls and ticker tape ... I have actually finished something from Hoppo Bumpo's Massive List of Christmas Sewing. Accomplished in the dark arts of procrastination and last-minute-sewing, even I seem to be cutting things remarkably fine here.

Anyway, here is a cuddly sausage dog and her (small) doggie clan. I made them using a fun pattern from Audrey and Maude. The Poppy and Her Puppies pattern includes instructions for the dog, her pups and the bed. The pattern and instructions are terrific: very easy to follow. The puppies require a bit of patience as they are so small! I always find that I am afflicted with sausage fingers (excuse the pun) when doing the turnings on small toys.

I think I took pretty much all the instructions as read, though I should think that Audrey and Maude might notice a small amount of reconstructive surgery around Poppy's nose (following a careless cutting incident). I also added some buttons to the dog bed (purely decorative, not due to a further accident with scissors!).

Poppy and her pups are are soon to be wrapped and taken to sit under someone's Christmas tree. So now its onward ho (ho ho) ... as I move onto the next thing on my list ....

11 comments:

  1. That looks so cute. I think I might have to get that pattern now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone is going to be very lucky this Christmas - that is a very sweet gift. Hmmmm I am thinking about a sausage sizzle now, wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute and you have finished a great project.....the boys will love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww they're adorable. Those puppies really are tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job. I'm so pleased that my Christmas crafting is complete. It's all pleasure from here on in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for finishing them all!! I 've made Poppy, one complete puppy and two puppy "foetuses".... and there's no pillow in sight. (I started them in September!!). They are EXTREMELY cute and you've inspired me to make them part of my HOLIDAY SEWING list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poppy spied the finished ones in Amitie and proceeded around the shop ahhh-ing them the whole time we were there. Maybe it is something in the name?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I love them. I have always wanted a sausage dog. I might have to make one of these until I can move out and get a real one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not made ONE.THING yet for my family for Christmas. How's THAT for cutting it fine?? :p

    I don't blame you for putting off finishing them. Something about stuffies just makes you want to hold off. Or is that just me??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have a done a great job - even if poor Poppy has already had a nose job! I think the buttons is a great idea for the pillow too (mmm I could start using them from my big button stash)

    Hope the recipient enjoyed them. And if it makes you feel any better, I think that the puppies are very fiddly too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.