Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


December 26, 2008

Butterflies



Its midday here at Chez Hoppo Bumpo and the entire family is pyjama-clad, lazying about reflecting on a lovely Christmas day yesterday. I'm not sure if any of us could eat again for a week (though Argy may need to keep his fluids up after consuming more the recommended daily yearly allowance of pretzels). Both boys are having a wonderful time quietly playing with new toys and reading new books.

Amongst all the beautiful gifts I received for Christmas, was a length of fabric (detail pictured above). Its a very fine embroidered wool - a gift from my sister-and-brother-in-law in England. And there's metres of it! Isn't it beautiful?

The swirly chain-stitched pattern wends its way across the fabric, curving every now and again into flowers and out again past butterflies. The wool is a rich, dark brown. The embroidery comprises a matching shade of deep brown, accompanied by a very delicate shell pink and warm chocolate.

I'm going to have fun thinking about what to make!

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous fabric. Such wonderful nubbiness and the colors. Wonderful.

    I was so excited to see that it was tomorrow where you live and still Christmas here. It's as if I get to see the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is what I call an excellent Christmas present! How incredibly lovely. My kids, in-laws and hubby have just gone for a walk, leaving me to rest for a moment and scoff the last of the chocolate cake - never mind pretzels! Enjoy a lazy Boxing Day afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful....I'm imagining some gorgeous cushions to go with my chocolate brown leather couch or as decorative cushions for the bed or as a feature panel on some curtains... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what you make with this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.