Hoppo Bumpo (n): A children's game. Played by folding one's arms and hopping on one leg. Aim is to bump opponents, so that they lose their balance. Last person standing wins.


June 08, 2008

And here's one we prepared earlier


Red trousers
Originally uploaded by Hoppo Bumpo

Yesterday's overlocker threading problems: solved.

Mr Hoppo Bumpo intervened, read the manual and pointed out (perhaps a little smugly for my liking) my failure to heed a very important instruction at the start of the book. Yes, I am a little embarrassed, but feeling vindicated, as I knew all along it was to bound to be a case of user error. Just quietly though, I won't be forgetting to perform that step again. Or letting Mr Hoppo Bumpo get his mitts on that manual. And so - I thought - it was back to the trousers project ....

Ironing.

A household task that has little to recommend it. I don't like looking wrinkly (clothes that is, though I do have quite a few crows' feet), but I can't say that its a favourite task. That is why I guffawed when I read this lovely post from Leni & Rose.

I do like to press seams though. Which is where my problems started today. After warming up the iron and tilting it a little, there was a loud bang and a flash of blue light that arced impressively out of the plate. Wow.

My first reaction was: wacko, no more ironing this weekend. The second was: how the heck am I going to press the seams on all those new trousers under construction for Argy and Bargy? I can't possibly go on until I have myself a new iron.

Hence the picture accompanying this post is most definitely a pair of trousers that were prepared earlier ... much earlier. It seems the trousers I have been sewing this weekend still look very much like a big piece of uncut fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous trousers! Looking forward to seeing what you create when all the pieces come together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love hearing what people have to say. Leave a comment if you like.